APR file extension - ArcView project file
What is apr file? How to open apr files?
File type specification:
The apr file extension is related to ArcView (also known as ArcGIS for Desktop) and used for its project files.
An apr project file can be thought of as being a folder that stores ArcView Documents. Actually, Projects do not contain duplicates of spatial or tabular data, but merely stores "pointers" to the original data as well as storing the Project GUI display format.
- View - A View is a collection of geographic features, grouped by Themes . A View has two components: a Legend and a display window.
- Tables - A Table is a collection of attribute data, typically linked to spatial features in a Theme.
- Charts - A Chart is a graphic representation of attribute data in a Table. A Chart can be dynamically linked to both a View and a Table.
- Layouts - A Layout is a collection of other ArcView Documents in map format.
- Scripts - A script is a computer program that accomplishes these three objectives: add new capabilities to ArcView, automate tasks, and build customized applications.
The default software associated to apr file type:
Company or developer:
ArcGIS for Desktop Basic (formerly known as ArcView) is GIS (geographic information system) application used to visualizing, managing, creating, and analyzing geographic data.
ArcGIS for Desktop Basic is a part of the ArcGIS Desktop. ArcGIS for Desktop Basic supports creation of interactive maps, spatial analysis, GIS deployment, map viewing and navigation, map printing etc.
List of software applications associated to the .apr file extension
Recommended software programs are sorted by OS platform (Windows, Mac OS X etc.) and possible program actions
that can be done with the file: like open apr file, edit apr file, convert apr file, view apr file, play apr file etc. (if exist software for corresponding action in File-Extensions.org's database).
Click on the tab below to simply browse between the application actions, to quickly get a list of recommended software, which is able to perform the specified software action, such as opening, editing or converting of the apr files.
- Open apr file
- Save apr file
- Edit apr file
- Create apr file
- Import apr file
- Others apr file
Software that open apr file - ArcView project file
Click on the link to get more information about ArcGIS for Desktop Basic (ArcView) for open apr file action.