Found 3 file extension associations related to Gridgen and 2 file formats developed specifically for use with Gridgen.
Platform, operating system: Microsoft Windows
Go to: Gridgen description
Developer: Pointwise, Inc.
Pointwise software list & details
Developer / company: Pointwise
Gridgen is a complete meshing toolkit used to generate three-dimensional (3D) grids for complex geometries in a production environment, often where CFD is mission critical. The software's origins are in the demanding U.S. aerospace industry, whereGridgen continues to earn its reputation for usability and high quality grids, both of which are vital for reliable simulations. TodayGridgen is used worldwide in aerospace, automotive, power generation, chemical process and other industries for which CFD is an integral part of the design process.
What does Gridgen do?
- Gridgen generates structured hex, unstructured tet, and hybrid meshes...
- on CAD data imported from its native files and without repair...
- and exports meshes in the native formats of many CFD and other solvers...
- while running on Windows (Intel & AMD), Linux (Intel & AMD), Mac, and Unix.
What makes Gridgen special?
- The meshes it generates are of high quality leading to more accurate solutions and faster convergence.
- It's easier to learn, use, and remember how to use than other meshers and includes a scripting language so that you may customize the software for your purposes.
- Technical support is promptly provided by engineers with industry experience who understand how CFD can impact the design process.
Note: You can click on any file extension link from the list below, to view its detailed information. The list of extensions used or otherwise associated with the application may not be complete, because many common file extensions on our website, such as jpg (pictures) or txt (text files), can be opened by a large number of applications, or are too general file format. However most, if not all directly associated file extensions should be listed with its appropriate program. Although its likely, that some file extensions may be missing from the list of associated file extensions with the application, yet they can be opened, be part of, or otherwise be associated with the program.
Gridgen default file extension associations
Other file extensions associated with Gridgen
Comparison table of actions that Gridgen can perform with each of its associated file type beta
This table might not contain all possible associated or supported file types or may contain incorrect data.
If you need more information please contact the developers of Gridgen (Pointwise, Inc.), or check out their product website.