Found 3 file extension associations related to netCDF and 2 file formats developed specifically for use with netCDF.
Platform, operating system: Microsoft Windows
Go to: netCDF description
Developer: Unidata Program Center
Unidata software list & details
Developer / company: Unidata
netCDF is a set of interfaces for array-oriented data access and a freely-distributed collection of data access libraries for C, Fortran, C++, Java, and other languages. The netCDF libraries support a machine-independent format for representing scientific data. Together, the interfaces, libraries, and format support the creation, access, and sharing of scientific data.
NetCDF data is:
- Self-Describing A netCDF file includes information about the data it contains.
- Portable A netCDF file can be accessed by computers with different ways of storing integers, characters, and floating-point numbers.
- Direct-access A small subset of a large dataset may be accessed efficiently, without first reading through all the preceding data.
- Append-able Data may be appended to a properly structured netCDF file without copying the dataset or redefining its structure.
- Shareable One writer and multiple readers may simultaneously access the same netCDF file.
- Archivable Access to all earlier forms of netCDF data will be supported by current and future versions of the software.
The netCDF software was developed by Glenn Davis, Russ Rew, Steve Emmerson, John Caron, Harvey Davies, and Ed Hartnett at the Unidata Program Center in Boulder, Colorado, with contributions from many other netCDF users.
Note: You can click on any file extension link from the list below, to view its detailed information. The list of extensions used or otherwise associated with the application may not be complete, because many common file extensions on our website, such as jpg (pictures) or txt (text files), can be opened by a large number of applications, or are too general file format. However most, if not all directly associated file extensions should be listed with its appropriate program. Although its likely, that some file extensions may be missing from the list of associated file extensions with the application, yet they can be opened, be part of, or otherwise be associated with the program.
netCDF default file extension associations
Other file extensions associated with netCDF
Comparison table of actions that netCDF can perform with each of its associated file type beta
This table might not contain all possible associated or supported file types or may contain incorrect data.
If you need more information please contact the developers of netCDF (Unidata Program Center), or check out their product website.