Developer / company: TorchSoft
Registry Workshop is an advanced registry editor. It is a perfect replacement for RegEdit and RegEdt32 which shipped with Windows.
In addition to all the standard features, Registry Workshop adds a variety of powerful features that allow you to work faster and more efficiently with registry related tasks.
With Registry Workshop, registry editing becomes more safe than ever before. All changes except changing key permissions can be safely reversed (even registry replacing and importing), using multiple levels of Undo. You don't need to worry about making mistakes when editing registry.
Whether you are an advanced user who needs to edit and modify your registry to remove trojan, virus, and spyware entries, a system administrator who needs a safer, more efficient tool to maintain your company's PCs, or a software developer who needs to quickly manipulate registry keys and values during system development, Registry Workshop has the tools that you need.
- Multiple undo and redo. The undo history can be saved to disk and reloaded at startup. screen shot
- Search and replace registry keys, values and data with super fast search algorithm. On a typical PC, you can search the entire registry in about ten seconds! screen shot
- Compare registry between computers and/or .REG files with super fast speed.
- Connect mobile device (Pocket PC, SmartPhone, etc.) registry via ActiveSync.
- Cut, copy and paste registry keys and values.
- Drag and drop to move or copy registry keys and values.
- Edit .REG files and .POL files in the same way as editing system registry. screen shot
- Backup and restore registry. screen shot
- Defragment registry with preview. screen shot
- Easy and flexible Favorites management.
- Quickly browse registry with address bar, bookmarks and visitation history.
- Support of linkage aware ability. You can use context menu to navigate to referenced key, open containing folder or open URL if the key or value contains a ProgID, ClassID, folder, file path or URL.
- Jump to the same key in HKLM or HKCU by context menu.
- Allow to open multiple local registry windows.
- Allow to open secure registry keys when running under the administrator privilege.
- Edit binary data in BYTE, WORD or DWORD format.
Note: You can click on any file extension link from the list below, to view its detailed information. The list of extensions used or otherwise associated with the application may not be complete, because many common file extensions on our website, such as jpg (pictures) or txt (text files), can be opened by a large number of applications, or are too general file format. However most, if not all directly associated file extensions should be listed with its appropriate program. Although its likely, that some file extensions may be missing from the list of associated file extensions with the application, yet they can be opened, be part of, or otherwise be associated with the program.
Common file extensions used by Registry Workshop
Comparison table of actions that Registry Workshop can perform with each of its associated file type beta
This table might not contain all possible associated or supported file types or may contain incorrect data.
If you need more information please contact the developers of Registry Workshop (TorchSoft), or check out their product website.