Developer / company: Information is not available
Sigil is a multi-platform WYSIWYG ebook editor. It is designed to edit books in ePub format.
- Free and open source software under GPLv3
- Multi-platform: runs on Windows, Linux and Mac
- Full Unicode support: everything you see in Sigil is in UTF-16
- Full EPUB spec support, EPUB 2 spec support with limited EPUB 3 support
- WYSIWYG editing of books
- Multiple Views: Book View, Code View and Split View, Preview View
- Metadata editor with full support for all possible metadata entries (more than 200) with full descriptions for each
- Table Of Contents editor and generator and multi-level TOC support
- Advanced automatic conversion of all imported documents to Unicode
- User interface translated into many languages
- Spell checking with default and user configurable dictionaries
- Full Regular Expression (PCRE) support for Find & Replace
- Supports import of EPUB and HTML files, images, and style sheets
- Documents can be validated for EPUB compliance with the integrated
- All imported files have their formatting corrected, and your editing can be optionally cleaned
- Plugins support
size: 128px x 128px (.png with transparency)
Note: You can click on any file extension link from the list below, to view its detailed information. The list of extensions used or otherwise associated with the application may not be complete, because many common file extensions on our website, such as jpg (pictures) or txt (text files), can be opened by a large number of applications, or are too general file format. However most, if not all directly associated file extensions should be listed with its appropriate program. Although its likely, that some file extensions may be missing from the list of associated file extensions with the application, yet they can be opened, be part of, or otherwise be associated with the program.
Common file extensions used by Sigil
Other file extensions associated with Sigil
Comparison table of actions that Sigil can perform with each of its associated file type beta
This table might not contain all possible associated or supported file types or may contain incorrect data.
If you need more information please contact the developers of Sigil, or check out their product website.