Found 2 file extension associations related to Abscissa and 1 file format developed specifically for use with Abscissa.
Platform, operating system: Apple macOS / Mac OS X
Go to: Abscissa description
Developer: Rüdiger Brühl
Developer / company: Rüdiger Brühl
Abscissa is a program to make high-quality 2D-plots from data given in ascii table form. Data can be created and modified by means of a user defined formula. A least-square-fit routine helps to optimize the parameters of this formula in order to fit the given data best.
Abscissa is designed to make plots that look scientific. However, it might be possible to find settings that would make them look as bad as coming from Excel. These settings are stored in separate file with the extension "abs" which are called "layout".
- ASCII data import and export,
- fast reading and plotting,
- plotting in many styles,
- linear, logarithmic, and date axes,
- text objects in the diagram,
- x,y error bars,
- 4 interpolation methods,
- user entered functions f(x),
- flexible functions (parameters, user data, compiled C-code),
- parameter fitting using a Least-Squares Method,
- fit of function with several independent coordinates (R^n->R),
- external programs can use Abscissa as plot front-end,
- perl scripts can be recorded, played, and saved,
- data editing in a spread sheet,
- data sorting,
- data statistics and correlation.
Note: You can click on any file extension link from the list below, to view its detailed information. The list of extensions used or otherwise associated with the application may not be complete, because many common file extensions on our website, such as jpg (pictures) or txt (text files), can be opened by a large number of applications, or are too general file format. However most, if not all directly associated file extensions should be listed with its appropriate program. Although its likely, that some file extensions may be missing from the list of associated file extensions with the application, yet they can be opened, be part of, or otherwise be associated with the program.
Abscissa default file extension associations
Other file extensions associated with Abscissa
Comparison table of actions that Abscissa can perform with each of its associated file type beta
This table might not contain all possible associated or supported file types or may contain incorrect data.
If you need more information please contact the developers of Abscissa (Rüdiger Brühl), or check out their product website.