Developer / company: Abyss
AHX is a protracker-like music editor that was designed especially to create C64-like synthetic tunes. There is no support for sampled instruments as chip tunes are made to be as small in size as possible.
AHX is free, there's no shareware fee and you may use the player at no charge or fee in any non-commercial production.
- Fully Protracker keyboard-compatible track editor featuring variable pattern-length, single-voice patterns, Protracker-Module-Import and Optimize-function.
- Powerful synthetic instruments-editor featuring all C64 waveforms as triangle, sawtooth, square and white noise.
- Instrument-specific apreggio-/macro list featuring fixed/variable notes.
- Player features: square modulation, vibrato control, note slide, transpose, hi-/lo-pass filter, hardcut, multiple speed CIA, 68000-compatible.
- Full multitasking- and graphics board-support.
- Built in AmigaGuide help; internal help system to explain all commands etc.
- VolumeMeters, CPU-usage display.
- AmigaOS-compliant: uses ASL- and Intuition-Requesters.
- Fully controlable via keyboard, no long mouse-movements needed.
- Player for Delitracker (using DeliTracker's NotePlayer system) shipped.
- Binary-/Assembler-/BlitzBasicII-Player for your own productions included, AmosPro-Player, E-Module and C/C++ Module available.
The AHX software seems to be old or discontinued.
Such programs may not work on modern operating systems properly, are no longer available and supported by their original developers, or are simply obsolete for their purpose. Sometimes companies offer limited support through their website.
Note: You can click on any file extension link from the list below, to view its detailed information. The list of extensions used or otherwise associated with the application may not be complete, because many common file extensions on our website, such as jpg (pictures) or txt (text files), can be opened by a large number of applications, or are too general file format. However most, if not all directly associated file extensions should be listed with its appropriate program. Although its likely, that some file extensions may be missing from the list of associated file extensions with the application, yet they can be opened, be part of, or otherwise be associated with the program.
AHX default file extension associations
Comparison table of actions that AHX can perform with its associated file type beta
This table might not contain all possible associated or supported file types or may contain incorrect data.
If you need more information please contact the developers of AHX (Abyss), or check out their product website.
File type \ Action