AUP file extension - Audacity project
What is aup file? How to open aup files?
File type specification:
aup file icon:
The aup file extension is associated with Audacity, a free, easy-to-use audio editor and recorder for Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux, and other operating systems.
The aup file contains project created in Audacity. The audio files, which are referenced by an Audacity project are saved in same directory with a same name to the project file, but DAT file extension instead.
The default software associated to aup file type:
Company or developer:
Audacity is a free, open source software for recording and editing sounds. It is available for Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, GNU/Linux, and other operating systems.
Audacity is able to:
- Record live audio.
- Record computer playback on any Windows Vista or later machine.
- Convert tapes and records into digital recordings or CDs.
- Edit WAV, AIFF, FLAC, MP2, MP3 or Ogg Vorbis sound files.
- AC3, M4A/M4R (AAC), WMA and other formats supported using optional libraries.
- Cut, copy, splice or mix sounds together.
- Numerous effects including change the speed or pitch of a recording.
List of software applications associated to the .aup file extension
Recommended software programs are sorted by OS platform (Windows, macOS, Linux etc.) and possible program actions
that can be done with the file: like open aup file, edit aup file, convert aup file, view aup file, play aup file etc. (if exist software for corresponding action in File-Extensions.org's database).
Click on the tab below to simply browse between the application actions, to quickly get a list of recommended software, which is ableto perform the specified software action, such as opening, editing or converting aup files.
- Open aup file
- Edit aup file
- Create aup file