Found 2 file extension associations related to FBReader and 1 file format developed specifically for use with FBReader.
Platform, operating system: Microsoft Windows
Go to: FBReader description
Developer: Geometer Plus LLC
Geometer Plus software list & details
Developer / company: Geometer Plus
FBReader is an e-book reader for various platforms. Currently FBReader works on
- Linux desktop.
- Windows XP/Vista computer.
- FreeBSD computer.
Various linux-based mobile devices:
- Sharp Zaurus with Qtopia-based ROMs, pdaXrom or OpenZaurus ROM.
- Archos PMA430.
- Siemens Simpad with Opensimpad 0.9.0/Opie ROM.
- Nokia 770/N800/N810 Internet Tablets (maemo).
- PepperPad 3 handheld web computer.
- Motorola A1200 smartphone.
- Motorola E680i/A780 smartphones. (This port is available from the third-party site.)
- IRex iLiad. (This port is available from the third-party site.)
FBReader is distributed under the terms of the GNU GPL.
Supported e-book formats are
- ePub, an international e-publishing standard.
- fb2, a Russian e-books standard de facto.
- plucker, one of the most popular Palm e-book format.
- Non-DRM'd version of Mobipocket, a popular commercial e-book format.
- More formats.
- Direct reading from tar, zip, gzip and bzip2 archives. (Multiple books in one archive are supported.)
- Automatic library building.
- Automatic language and character encoding detection is supported.
- Automatically generated contents table.
- Embedded images support.
- Footnotes/hyperlinks support.
- Position indicator.
- Keeps the last open book and the last read positions for all opened books between runs.
- List of last opened books.
- Automatic hyphenations. Liang's algorithm is used. The same algorithm is used in TeX, and TeX hyphenation patterns are used in FBReader. Patterns for Czech, English, Esperanto, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish and Ukrainian are included in the current version.
- Text search.
- Full-screen mode.
- Screen rotation by 90, 180 and 270 degrees.
size: 128px x 128px (.png with transparency)
Note: You can click on any file extension link from the list below, to view its detailed information. The list of extensions used or otherwise associated with the application may not be complete, because many common file extensions on our website, such as jpg (pictures) or txt (text files), can be opened by a large number of applications, or are too general file format. However most, if not all directly associated file extensions should be listed with its appropriate program. Although its likely, that some file extensions may be missing from the list of associated file extensions with the application, yet they can be opened, be part of, or otherwise be associated with the program.
FBReader default file extension associations
The most common file format used with the specific file extension
.epub file extension is used for Open Publication structure eBook
Common file extensions used by FBReader
Other file extensions associated with FBReader
Comparison table of actions that FBReader can perform with each of its associated file type beta
This table might not contain all possible associated or supported file types or may contain incorrect data.
If you need more information please contact the developers of FBReader (Geometer Plus LLC), or check out their product website.