Found one file extension association related to FreeMind and 1 file format developed specifically for use with FreeMind.
Platform, operating system: Microsoft Windows
Go to: FreeMind description
Developer: Mueller Joerg
Developer / company: Mueller Joerg
FreeMind is a premier free mind-mapping software written in Java. The recent development has hopefully turned it into high productivity tool.
Uses of FreeMind
Current users of FreeMind use it for the following purposes:
- Keeping track of projects, including subtasks, state of subtasks and time recording
- Project workplace, including links to necessary files, executables, source of information and of course information
- Workplace for internet research using Google and other sources
- Keeping a collection of small or middle sized notes with links on some area which expands as needed. Such a collection of notes is sometimes called knowledge base.
- Essay writing and brainstorming, using colors to show which essays are open, completed, not yet started etc, using size of nodes to indicate size of essays. I don't have one map for one essay, I have one map for all essays. I move parts of some essays to other when it seems appropriate.
- Keeping a small database of something with structure that is either very dynamic or not known in advance. The main disadvantage of such approach when compared to traditional database applications are poor query possibilities, but I use it that way anyway - contacts, recipes, medical records etc. You learn about the structure from the additional data items you enter. For example, different medical records use different structure and you do not have to analyze all the possible structures before you enter the first medical record.
- Commented internet favorites or bookmarks, with colors and fonts having the meaning you want.
FreeMind is written in Java, so it will run on almost any system with a Java runtime environment.
In order to make things easier there are prepared installers for the most common desktop environments: Windows, Linux and Macintosh OS X.
size: 128px x 128px (.png with transparency)
Note: You can click on any file extension link from the list below, to view its detailed information. The list of extensions used or otherwise associated with the application may not be complete, because many common file extensions on our website, such as jpg (pictures) or txt (text files), can be opened by a large number of applications, or are too general file format. However most, if not all directly associated file extensions should be listed with its appropriate program. Although its likely, that some file extensions may be missing from the list of associated file extensions with the application, yet they can be opened, be part of, or otherwise be associated with the program.
FreeMind default file extension associations
Comparison table of actions that FreeMind can perform with its associated file type beta
This table might not contain all possible associated or supported file types or may contain incorrect data.
If you need more information please contact the developers of FreeMind (Mueller Joerg), or check out their product website.
File type \ Action