There are 8 other file types using
the GRD file extension!
.grd - Adobe Photoshop gradient preset
.grd - Drivers for GRX
.grd - Golden Software Surfer grid file
.grd - ENVI grid file
.grd - ZEMAX profile data file
.grd - Gradebook Power configuration file
.grd - StrongDisk encrypted disk image
.grd - Artweaver gradient
GRD file extension - The RockWorks data file
What is grd file? How to open grd files?
File type specification:
The RockWorks program uses the GRD file extension to store regularly spaced XYG data for use in contour maps and 3D surfaces in an ASCII format.
- The first line lists the X-coordinate of the westernmost grid node.
- The second line lists the Y-coordinate of the southernmost grid node.
- The third line lists the number of cells (nodes - 1) that are listed for the X-axis (west to east), and the fourth lists the number of cells listed for the Y-axis (south to north).
- The fifth and sixth lines list the spacing, in map units, of the grid nodes along the X-axis and Y-axis, respectively.
- Starting in the seventh line, the Z-values for the grid nodes are listed, starting with the grid node in the southwestern corner of the grid and proceeding to the north. When the top of that first column of nodes is reached, the listing proceeds with the second column, starting with the southernmost node and listing upward. A Z-value will be listed for each node in the GRD file.
The default software associated to grd file type:
Company or developer:
RockWorks is RockWare's flagship software program. RockWorks has long been the standard in the petroleum, environmental, geotechnical and mining industries for subsurface data visualization because of popular tools such as maps, logs, cross sections, fence diagrams, solid models and volumetrics.
List of recommended software applications associated to the .grd file extension
Recommended software programs are sorted by OS platform (Windows, Mac OS X etc.) and possible program actions
that can be done with the file: like open grd file, edit grd file, convert grd file, view grd file, play grd file etc. (if exist software for corresponding action in File-Extensions.org's database).
- Others grd file
Unspecified and all other actions for computer programs working with grd file - The RockWorks data file
Click on the software link for more information about RockWorks. RockWorks uses grd file type for its internal purposes and/or also by different way than common edit or open file actions (eg. to install/execute/support an application itself, to store application or user data, configure program etc.).