Found one file extension association related to InScribe and 1 file format developed specifically for use with InScribe.
Platform, operating system: Microsoft Windows
Go to: InScribe description
Developer: Saqqara Technology Ltd.
Developer / company: Saqqara Technology Ltd.
InScribe is a very popular Word Processor for Egyptian Hieroglyphs.
Features of InScribe include:
- Expanded hieroglyphic font (over 3200 glyphs).
- Egyptian transliteration .
- Coptic and Greek script support.
- User interface improvements. For instance, features such as bold and italic text are treated using familiar word-processing techniques, while retaining the connection with Manuel de Codage notation.
- New methods of working with other applications. InScribe remains the only software for Egyptian Hieroglyphs interoperable with word processing software like Microsoft Word, WordPerfect, and OpenOffice/StarOffice Writer. Hieroglyphs in Unicode open up new ways of working with Ancient Egyptian.
- Word list support enabling simpler text input and richer modes of use of the software.
- InScribe XML (INSX) file format. The new XML file format opens up additional ways of working with InScribe texts.
The InScribe software seems to be old or discontinued.
Such programs may not work on modern operating systems properly, are no longer available and supported by their original developers, or are simply obsolete for their purpose. Sometimes companies offer limited support through their website.
Note: You can click on any file extension link from the list below, to view its detailed information. The list of extensions used or otherwise associated with the application may not be complete, because many common file extensions on our website, such as jpg (pictures) or txt (text files), can be opened by a large number of applications, or are too general file format. However most, if not all directly associated file extensions should be listed with its appropriate program. Although its likely, that some file extensions may be missing from the list of associated file extensions with the application, yet they can be opened, be part of, or otherwise be associated with the program.
InScribe default file extension associations
Comparison table of actions that InScribe can perform with its associated file type beta
This table might not contain all possible associated or supported file types or may contain incorrect data.
If you need more information please contact the developers of InScribe (Saqqara Technology Ltd.), or check out their product website.
File type \ Action