Found one file extension association related to LHWarp and 1 file format developed specifically for use with LHWarp.
Platform, operating system: Other operating systems or devices
Go to: LHWarp description
Developer: Jonathan Forbes
Developer / company: Jonathan Forbes
Lhwarp is a program which will read tracks directly from your floppy disk, compress them, and output them to a file. The advantages of using Lhwarp are:
- The entire disk structure, including the boot block, is preserved.
- Lhwarp will always produce a smaller output file than ARC, ZOO or WARP. (note: this is only true when the default compression algorithm is used)
- Lhwarp will only archive sectors which contain data, by using the disk's bitmap (however, Lhwarp will gladly compress every single sector on the disk, if you wish.)
- Using Lhwarp is much less hassle than archiving each and every file individually.
- The bootblock of any disk being either read or written is displayed, so that bootblock viruses can easily be found.
Lhwarp will produce files much smaller than those produced by Warp, due to the fact that Lhwarp uses a more efficient compression algorithm (Adaptive Huffman Encoding); the same algorithm used in LHARC. Typically, an Lhwarp file will be 80% of the size of an equivalent Warp file, resulting in quite reasonable hard drive space savings.
LHWarp works with the following file extensions:
Note: You can click on any file extension link from the list below, to view its detailed information. The list of extensions used or otherwise associated with the application may not be complete, because many common file extensions on our website, such as jpg (pictures) or txt (text files), can be opened by a large number of applications, or are too general file format. However most, if not all directly associated file extensions should be listed with its appropriate program. Although its likely, that some file extensions may be missing from the list of associated file extensions with the application, yet they can be opened, be part of, or otherwise be associated with the program.
LHWarp default file extension associations
Comparison table of actions that LHWarp can perform with its associated file type beta
This table might not contain all possible associated or supported file types or may contain incorrect data.
If you need more information please contact the developers of LHWarp (Jonathan Forbes), or check out their product website.
File type \ Action