Developer / company: Information is not available
MacMolPlt is a modern graphics program for plotting 3-D molecular structures and normal modes (vibrations). It features mouse driven interface for real-time rotation and translation, copy and paste functionality for interfacing to other programs such as word processors or other graphics programs (like ChemDraw), simple printing to color or black and white printers (publication quality) and much more.
- It reads a variety of file formats including any GAMESS input, log or IRC file directly to create animations of IRC's, DRC's, and optimizations. You may also import a $VEC group from any file (such as a GAMESS .DAT file). In addition xMol XYZ files, MolDen format files and Chemical Markup Language (CML) files are supported. Also some PDB file support and MDL MolFile support is included.
- Molecular point group symmetry is supported.
- You may also paste GAMESS and Gaussian-92 style cartesian coordinates directly into the program.
- Animation of Normal Modes.
- Animation of IRC's, and DRC's including orbitals.
- Simple Energy Plots (including geometrical parameters).
- Simple frequency line graph of frequency versus infrared or Raman intensity.
- Append multiple GAMESS files together to create a single animation.
Build or modify molecules using the graphical molecule builder.
- Quickly build realistic 3D structures.
- rotate selected atoms about bonds, change bond or dihedral angles.
- translate and rotate selected subgroups.
- Build molecules from scratch using cartesian or internal coordinates
- 2D orbital, total electron density contour map display
- 3D molecular orbital, total electron density display
- density difference maps
- Molecular Electrostatic Potential Maps
- Simple GAMESS input (.inp) builder
- 3D color display with lighting and shading using OpenGL under MacOS X.
The MacMolPlt software seems to be old or discontinued.
Such programs may not work on modern operating systems properly, are no longer available and supported by their original developers, or are simply obsolete for their purpose. Sometimes companies offer limited support through their website.
Note: You can click on any file extension link from the list below, to view its detailed information. The list of extensions used or otherwise associated with the application may not be complete, because many common file extensions on our website, such as jpg (pictures) or txt (text files), can be opened by a large number of applications, or are too general file format. However most, if not all directly associated file extensions should be listed with its appropriate program. Although its likely, that some file extensions may be missing from the list of associated file extensions with the application, yet they can be opened, be part of, or otherwise be associated with the program.
MacMolPlt default file extension associations
Comparison table of actions that MacMolPlt can perform with each of its associated file type beta
This table might not contain all possible associated or supported file types or may contain incorrect data.
If you need more information please contact the developers of MacMolPlt, or check out their product website.