Found one file extension association related to MetFS and 1 file format developed specifically for use with MetFS.
Platform, operating system: Linux/Unix
Go to: MetFS description
Developer: EnderUNIX Software Development Team
Developer / company: EnderUNIX Software Development Team
MetFS is a filesystem software in userspace that is FUSE based, encrypted, dynamic sized (increase when new data added, decrease when data removed), single file when it's unmounted and very fast.
No data stored on an encrypted partition can be read without using the correct password. Until decrypted, a MetFS partition appears to be nothing more than a series of meaningless data.
MetFS 's been written in C language for performance reasons; proved to be running on Linux and FreeBSD.
- MetFS partitions are visible only to the user who mounted them. No other users (including root) can view the filesystem contents.
- MetFS partition looks like a single file when it's unmounted.
- Clear version of the user password is never written to disk.
- RC4 stream cipher algorithm is used.
- MD5 hash algorithm is preferred.
- Clear data never stored in anywhere.
- Writing 1.6 GB sized data in ext3 filesystem is just 16 seconds faster than MetFS.
- Faster and more secure string functions of OpenBSD and D.J.B are used.
- .mfs is official file extension of MetFS.
Note: You can click on any file extension link from the list below, to view its detailed information. The list of extensions used or otherwise associated with the application may not be complete, because many common file extensions on our website, such as jpg (pictures) or txt (text files), can be opened by a large number of applications, or are too general file format. However most, if not all directly associated file extensions should be listed with its appropriate program. Although its likely, that some file extensions may be missing from the list of associated file extensions with the application, yet they can be opened, be part of, or otherwise be associated with the program.
MetFS default file extension associations
Comparison table of actions that MetFS can perform with its associated file type beta
This table might not contain all possible associated or supported file types or may contain incorrect data.
If you need more information please contact the developers of MetFS (EnderUNIX Software Development Team), or check out their product website.
File type \ Action