Found 16 file extension associations related to VirtualDub and 7 file formats developed specifically for use with VirtualDub.
Platform, operating system: Microsoft Windows
Go to: VirtualDub description
Developer: Avery Lee
Developer / company: Avery Lee
VirtualDub is a video capture/processing utility for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows platforms (98/ME/NT4/2000/XP/Vista/7), licensed under the GNU General Public License (GPL). It lacks the editing power of a general-purpose editor such as Adobe Premiere, but is streamlined for fast linear operations over video. It has batch-processing capabilities for processing large numbers of files and can be extended with third-party video filters. VirtualDub is mainly geared toward processing AVI files, although it can read (not write) MPEG-1 and also handle sets of BMP images.
VirtualDub helps you get video into your computer.
If your capture device is Video for Windows compatible, then VirtualDub can capture video with it. But VirtualDub isn't your average capture program:
- Fractional frame rates. Don't settle for 29 or 30 when you want 29.97.
- Optimized disk access for more consistent hard disk usage.
- Create AVI2 (OpenDML) files to break the AVI 2GB barrier and multiple files to break the FAT32 4GB limit.
- Integrated volume meter and histogram for input level monitoring.
- Real-time downsizing, noise reduction, and field swapping.
- Verbose monitoring, including compression levels, CPU usage, and free disk space.
- Access hidden video formats your capture card may support but not have a setting for, such as 352x480.
- Keyboard and mouse shortcuts for faster operation. To capture, just hit F6.
- Clean interface layout: caption, menu bar, info panel, status bar.
VirtualDub lets you clean up video on your computer.
There are lots of programs that let you "edit" video. And yet, they're frustratingly complex for some of the simplest tasks. VirtualDub isn't an editor application; it's a pre- and post-processor that works as a valuable companion to one:
- Reads and writes AVI2 (OpenDML) and multi-segment AVI clips.
- Integrated MPEG-1 and Motion-JPEG decoders.
- Remove and replace audio tracks without touching the video.
- Extensive video filter set, including blur, sharpen, emboss, smooth, 3x3 convolution, flip, resize rotate, brightness/contrast, levels, deinterlace, and threshold.
- Bilinear and bicubic resampling -- no blocky resizes or rotates here.
- Decompress and recompress both audio and video.
- Remove segments of a video clip and save the rest, without recompressing.
- Adjust frame rate, decimate frames, and 3:2 pulldown removal.
- Preview the results, with live audio.
size: 128px x 128px (.png with transparency)
Note: You can click on any file extension link from the list below, to view its detailed information. The list of extensions used or otherwise associated with the application may not be complete, because many common file extensions on our website, such as jpg (pictures) or txt (text files), can be opened by a large number of applications, or are too general file format. However most, if not all directly associated file extensions should be listed with its appropriate program. Although its likely, that some file extensions may be missing from the list of associated file extensions with the application, yet they can be opened, be part of, or otherwise be associated with the program.
VirtualDub default file extension associations
Common file extensions used by VirtualDub
Other file extensions associated with VirtualDub
Comparison table of actions that VirtualDub can perform with each of its associated file type beta
This table might not contain all possible associated or supported file types or may contain incorrect data.
If you need more information please contact the developers of VirtualDub (Avery Lee), or check out their product website.
File type \ Action