EPUB ebooks might be convert to Kindle AZW3 format with programs like Calibre or Hamster. This is especially handly if you want to use commonly available *.epub publications in your Kindle. This will create non-DRM protected ebooks only.
In Calibre for example, you can do the following to convert EPUB to AZW3
- Right-Click on the EPUB and select Convert books ► Convert Individually
- Select AZW3 as output format in the support right box ► OK
- Then right-click on the book again and select save to disc ► Save single format to disc..
- Select AZW3 and the output folder
- And that's it, in the output folder a new folder with the name of author / name of book / and book files (azw3, opf and jpg (cover)) was created.