Developer / company: SMS Power!
MEKA is a multi-machine emulator for MS-DOS, MS-Windows and maybe GNU/Linux.
The following machines are supported by MEKA:
- Sega Game 1000 (SG-1000)
- Sega Computer 3000 (SC-3000)
- Sega Super Control Station (SF-7000)
- Sega Mark III (+ FM Unit)
- Sega Master System (SMS)
- Sega Game Gear (GG)
- ColecoVision (COLECO)
- Othello Multivision (OMV)
MEKA also include a powerful debugger and various debugging/hacking tools.
MEKA is the result of a several years effort from several persons.
- Omar Cornut "Bock" - Machine emulation, Graphical User Interface, tools, and other general things. I'm the main responsible for MEKA, although other people have contributed with various important work (read below).
- Hiromitsu Shioya "Hiro-shi" has been working on the original MEKA sound engine years ago. His work still shows in the main sound engine structure, YM-2413 emulation through OPL and the sound interface to the SEAL Audio library.
- Marat Fayzullin "Rst38h" wrote a Z80 CPU core for his various emulation project, and that ended being used in MEKA. I've brought fixes and improvements to the core, but the very most of work is definitively from Marat.
- Maxim has contributed work and research on the SN-76496 PSG along with an implementation that eventually replaced the initial one.
- Mitsutaka Okazaki has wrote a digital YM-2413 emulator named Emu2413, which was implemented in MEKA. You can hear this emulator by enabling FM Unit and digital emulation.
- Ulrich Cordes finally wrote a FDC-765 emulator that was used as a base to emulate the floppy disk controller of the SF-7000.
MEKA is distributed freely on the internet as a downloadable ZIP archive containing the whole, non-crippled program and additionnal data and documentation related to it.
Note: You can click on any file extension link from the list below, to view its detailed information. The list of extensions used or otherwise associated with the application may not be complete, because many common file extensions on our website, such as jpg (pictures) or txt (text files), can be opened by a large number of applications, or are too general file format. However most, if not all directly associated file extensions should be listed with its appropriate program. Although its likely, that some file extensions may be missing from the list of associated file extensions with the application, yet they can be opened, be part of, or otherwise be associated with the program.
MEKA default file extension associations
Other file extensions associated with MEKA
Comparison table of actions that MEKA can perform with each of its associated file type beta
This table might not contain all possible associated or supported file types or may contain incorrect data.
If you need more information please contact the developers of MEKA (SMS Power!), or check out their product website.