Developer / company: SWFTools developers
SWFTools is a collection of utilities for working with Adobe Flash files (SWF files). The tool collection includes programs for reading SWF files, combining them, and creating them from other content (like images, sound files, videos or sourcecode). SWFTools is released under the GPL.
The current collection is comprised of the programs detailed below:
- PDF2SWF A PDF to SWF Converter. Generates one frame per page. Enables you to have fully formatted text, including tables, formulas, graphics etc. inside your Flash Movie. It's based on the xpdf PDF parser from Derek B. Noonburg.
- SWFCombine A multi-function tool for inserting SWFs into Wrapper SWFs, contatenating SWFs, stacking SWFs or for basic parameter manipulation (e.g. changing size).
- SWFStrings Scans SWFs for text data.
- SWFDump Prints out various informations about SWFs, like contained images/fonts/sounds, disassembly of contained code as well as cross-reference and bounding box data.
- JPEG2SWF Takes one or more JPEG pictures and generates a SWF slideshow from them. Supports motion estimation compression (h.263) for better compression of video sequences.
- PNG2SWF Like JPEG2SWF, only for PNGs.
- GIF2SWF Converts GIFs to SWF. Also able to handle animated gifs.
- WAV2SWF Converts WAV audio files to SWFs, using the L.A.M.E. MP3 encoder library.
- AVI2SWF Converts AVI animation files to SWF. It supports Flash MX H.263 compression. Some examples can be found at examples.html. (Notice: this tool is not included anymore in the latest version, as ffmpeg or mencoder do a better job nowadays)
- Font2SWF Converts font files (TTF, Type1) to SWF.
- SWFBBox Allows to read out, optimize and readjust SWF bounding boxes.
- SWFC A tool for creating SWF files from simple script files. Includes support for both ActionScript 2.0 as well as ActionScript 3.0.
- SWFExtract Allows to extract Movieclips, Sounds, Images etc. from SWF files.
- AS3Compile A standalone ActionScript 3.0 compiler. Mostly compatible with Flex.
SWFTools has been reported to work on Solaris, Linux (both 32 as well as 64 bit), FreeBSD, OpenBSD, HP-UX, Solaris, MacOS X and Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/Vista.
SWFTools works with the following file extensions:
Note: You can click on any file extension link from the list below, to view its detailed information. The list of extensions used or otherwise associated with the application may not be complete, because many common file extensions on our website, such as jpg (pictures) or txt (text files), can be opened by a large number of applications, or are too general file format. However most, if not all directly associated file extensions should be listed with its appropriate program. Although its likely, that some file extensions may be missing from the list of associated file extensions with the application, yet they can be opened, be part of, or otherwise be associated with the program.
Common file extensions used by SWFTools
Other file extensions associated with SWFTools
Comparison table of actions that SWFTools can perform with each of its associated file type beta
This table might not contain all possible associated or supported file types or may contain incorrect data.
If you need more information please contact the developers of SWFTools (SWFTools developers), or check out their product website.
File type \ Action