Found one file extension association related to TrueCrypt and 1 file format developed specifically for use with TrueCrypt.
Platform, operating system: Microsoft Windows
Go to: TrueCrypt description
Developer: TrueCrypt Foundation
Developer / company: TrueCrypt Foundation
TrueCrypt a a freeware encryption program for Windows 7/Vista/XP , Mac OS X and Linux.
- Creates a virtual encrypted disk within a file and mounts it as a real disk.
- Encrypts an entire partition or storage device such as USB flash drive or hard drive.
- Encrypts a partition or drive where Windows is installed (pre-boot authentication).
- Encryption is automatic, real-time (on-the-fly) and transparent.
- Parallelization and pipelining allow data to be read and written as fast as if the drive was not encrypted.
- Encryption can be hardware-accelerated on modern processors.
- Provides plausible deniability, in case an adversary forces you to reveal the password: Hidden volume (steganography) and hidden operating system.
size: 128px x 128px (.png with transparency)
Note: You can click on any file extension link from the list below, to view its detailed information. The list of extensions used or otherwise associated with the application may not be complete, because many common file extensions on our website, such as jpg (pictures) or txt (text files), can be opened by a large number of applications, or are too general file format. However most, if not all directly associated file extensions should be listed with its appropriate program. Although its likely, that some file extensions may be missing from the list of associated file extensions with the application, yet they can be opened, be part of, or otherwise be associated with the program.
TrueCrypt default file extension associations
The most common file format used with the specific file extension
.tc file extension is used for TrueCrypt disk volume image
Common file extensions used by TrueCrypt
Comparison table of actions that TrueCrypt can perform with its associated file type beta
This table might not contain all possible associated or supported file types or may contain incorrect data.
If you need more information please contact the developers of TrueCrypt (TrueCrypt Foundation), or check out their product website.
File type \ Action