Found one file extension association related to Studio and 1 file format developed specifically for use with Studio.
Platform, operating system: Microsoft Windows
Go to: Studio description
Developer: Geomagic, Inc.
Geomagic software list & details
Developer / company: Geomagic
Designed to handle the most demanding reverse engineering, product design and rapid prototyping challenges, Geomagic Studio transforms 3D scan data and polygon meshes into accurate 3D digital models. A perfect complement to the CAD, CAE and CAM tools you already own, Studio outputs industry standard formats including STL, IGES, STEP and native CAD files.
Scan data processing
- Process large data sets
- Collect point data from all major 3D scanners and digitizers
- Optimize scan data (using remove outliers, reduce noise and other available tools
- Align and merge multiple scan data sets
- Automatically or manually register multiple point clouds
Point and polygon editing
- Reduce dense data sets with random, uniform and curvature-based point sampling
- Create polygon mesh from point cloud data
- Modify, edit and clean polygon model
- Automatically detect and correct errors in the polygon mesh
- Detect and create features in the model
- Repair and sharpen boundary edges
- Export model in several file formats including STL, OBJ, VRML1, VRML2, DXF, PLY and 3DS
- Automatically or manually classify surface types (planes, cylinders and others) of a model
- Automatically extend and trim surfaces to create perfectly sharp edges between neighboring surfaces
- Control surface fitting using available tools and parameters
- Seamlessly transfer parametric surfaces, solids, datums and curves to CAD to automatically construct native geometry
- Create a single, stitched surface that is a blend of planar, cylindrical, conical, extruded, revolved, and free-form surfaces
- Extract optimized profile curves
- Analyze surface fitting results using inspection, walk-through or visualization tools
Rapid surface modeling
- Automatically create watertight NURBS surfaces from polygon models
- Easily create new patch layouts manually by drawing curves
- Automatically define UV parameterization
- Adaptively fit surfaces (C0 and C1) based on tolerance Obtain guaranteed C1 continuity between surface patches
- Create templates for rapid surfacing of similar objects
- Ability to output sharp edges and planar surfaces
- Detect and repair patch errors with step-through dialogs
- Export model in several formats including IGES, STEP, VDA, NEU, SAT
Studio works with the following file extensions:
Note: You can click on any file extension link from the list below, to view its detailed information. The list of extensions used or otherwise associated with the application may not be complete, because many common file extensions on our website, such as jpg (pictures) or txt (text files), can be opened by a large number of applications, or are too general file format. However most, if not all directly associated file extensions should be listed with its appropriate program. Although its likely, that some file extensions may be missing from the list of associated file extensions with the application, yet they can be opened, be part of, or otherwise be associated with the program.
Studio default file extension associations
Comparison table of actions that Studio can perform with its associated file type beta
This table might not contain all possible associated or supported file types or may contain incorrect data.
If you need more information please contact the developers of Studio (Geomagic, Inc.), or check out their product website.
File type \ Action