There are 8 other file types using
the IMG file extension!
.img - CloneCD image file [common]
.img - Floppy Image image file [common]
.img - Grand Theft Auto game archive file
.img - Disk Copy, ShrinkWrap disk image file
.img - Garmin basemap file
.img - ZX Spectrum emulator disk image file
.img - QEMU Qcow disk image file
.img - Google Android boot image
IMG file extension - Bitmap picture
What is img file? How to open img files?
File type specification:
The img file extension is very often used for bitmap graphic files - images of various formats. Throughout the years numerous programs used or are still using *.img files to save images.
Formats, programs or devices that work with images with IMG file extension include:
- ADEX Corporation bitmap graphics format
- Erdas Imagine graphics format
- Digital Research (GEM Paint) image format
- Electric Image bitmap file format
- IDRISI Andes bitmap format
- Microtek Eyestar image format
- Sharp GPB graphic imageSharp GPB graphic image format
- Starbase image format
- VICAR graphic format
- Ventura Publisher image format
- Imaging Technology image format
- Radiance image format
- NASA's Planetary Data System image format
- Autodesk Autocad picture format
- Vivid Ray-tracer format
- Analyze bitmap file format
MIME: image/img, application/img, application/x-img
List of software applications associated to the .img file extension
Recommended software programs are sorted by OS platform (Windows, macOS, Linux etc.) and possible program actions
that can be done with the file: like open img file, edit img file, convert img file, view img file, play img file etc. (if exist software for corresponding action in File-Extensions.org's database).
Click on the tab below to simply browse between the application actions, to quickly get a list of recommended software, which is ableto perform the specified software action, such as opening, editing or converting img files.
- Open img file
- View img file
- Convert img file