There are 8 other file types using
the IMG file extension!
.img - CloneCD image file [common]
.img - Floppy Image image file [common]
.img - Grand Theft Auto game archive file
.img - Disk Copy, ShrinkWrap disk image file
.img - Garmin basemap file
.img - ZX Spectrum emulator disk image file
.img - QEMU Qcow disk image file
.img - Google Android boot image
IMG file extension - Bitmap picture
What is img file? How to open img files?
File type specification:
The img file extension is very often used for bitmap graphic files - images of various formats. Throughout the years numerous programs used or are still using *.img files to save images.
Formats, programs or devices that work with images with IMG file extension include:
- ADEX Corporation bitmap graphics format
- Erdas Imagine graphics format
- Digital Research (GEM Paint) image format
- Electric Image bitmap file format
- IDRISI Andes bitmap format
- Microtek Eyestar image format
- Sharp GPB graphic imageSharp GPB graphic image format
- Starbase image format
- VICAR graphic format
- Ventura Publisher image format
- Imaging Technology image format
- Radiance image format
- NASA's Planetary Data System image format
- Autodesk Autocad picture format
- Vivid Ray-tracer format
- Analyze bitmap file format
MIME: image/img, application/img, application/x-img
List of software applications associated to the .img file extension
Recommended software programs are sorted by OS platform (Windows, Mac OS X etc.) and possible program actions
that can be done with the file: like open img file, edit img file, convert img file, view img file, play img file etc. (if exist software for corresponding action in File-Extensions.org's database).
Click on the tab below to simply browse between the application actions, to quickly get a list of recommended software, which is able to perform the specified software action, such as opening, editing or converting of the img files.
- Open img file
- View img file
- Convert img file
- Print img file