Found 290 file extension associations related to Microsoft Office and 195 file formats developed specifically for use with Microsoft Office.
Platform, operating system: Microsoft Windows
Go to: Microsoft Office description
Developer: Microsoft Corporation
Microsoft software list & details
Developer / company: Microsoft
Microsoft Office2016, codenamed Office 16, is a productivity suite for Microsoft Windows, and the successor to Microsoft Office 2010. Microsoft Office is an office suite of interrelated desktop applications, servers and services for the Microsoft Windows. The current versions are Office 2016 for Windows which was released on September 22, 2015. Microsoft Office comes in several editions, offering various suites for a wide array of customers.
Office Home & Student 2016
Accomplish more for home and homework
The latest Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote
- Do more with Word docs: open a PDF and edit it, pop in an online video and watch it without leaving the doc, and use Read Mode for distraction-free viewing on any screen.
- Excel templates do most of the setup and design for you, so you can focus on your information. For greater insight, convert your info into a chart or table—in just two steps.
- Create stunning presentations with the new alignment, color-matching, and other design tools in PowerPoint, and easily share them on the web.
- Draw, handwrite, type, click, or swipe your notes in OneNote. Your multi-media notes are saved, searchable, and synced to OneNote apps on your other devices.
- 7 GB online storage with SkyDrive Your documents, photos, presentations, and OneNote notebooks are saved to SkyDrive automatically, so you can edit and share them from any internet-connected device with a compatible browser.
- Your Office away from home Free Office WebApps sync with your SkyDrive account, so you can access, view, edit and share your documents, photos and other files from any internet-connected device running a supported browser.
Office Home & Business 2016
Manage life and work more efficiently
Same features as Home & Student edition and also including Outlook app that contains email, shared calendars, and task-list tools to manage home and work schedules together.
Office Professional 2016
Work smarter with Office
Office suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher and Access
- Capture your ideas however you work best, using keyboard, pen, or touchscreen.
- Let one of the great-looking templates from the Start screen do most of the setup and design for you, so you can focus on your ideas and data.
- Keep track of comments in Word documents and mark them as done with the new reply button. Pull content from PDFs straight into Word.
- Open PDFs and edit paragraphs, lists, and tables just as you do in familiar Word documents.
- Save time formatting information in Excel so you can draw insights from your data faster.
- New tools recognize your pattern and auto-complete data.
- Share your PowerPoint presentation over the web by sending a link to it or using the free Office Presentation Service to deliver it, so your audience can join you from anywhere.
- Embed Excel spreadsheets, diagrams, audio clips, videos, and almost any other kind of file in your OneNote notebooks.
- Your notes are saved, searchable, and synced to OneNote apps on your other devices, so you can use or share them from anywhere.
- Respond faster with inline replies in Outlook. Just type your response in the Reading Pane.
- Save time with the new and convenient online photo printing options in Publisher.
- List and summarize data from a related table or query fast in Access. Simply click an item to open a detailed view of that item.
- 7 GB SkyDrive storage - Your documents, media files, presentations and OneNote notebooks are saved to SkyDrive automatically, so you can edit and share them from any internet-connected device with a compatible browser.
- Your Office away from home Free Office WebApps sync with your SkyDrive account, so you can access, view, edit and share your documents, spreadsheets and other files from any internet-connected device running a supported browser.
The other Office editions available through volume licensing are: Office Standard and Professional Plus.
The first version of Microsoft Office was introduced in 1990 and after more than 20 years of developing there have been introduced many file types and data formats in them (Office 95, Office 97, Office 2000, Office XP, Office 2003, Office 2007, Office 2010). Some are still used by current versions, but some came to be obsolete.
Microsoft Office icon
Microsoft Office icon
size: 128px x 128px (.png with transparency)
Sample related conversions
Microsoft Office related articles:
How to extract images from Office documents - How to gain picture images from docx, xlsx, ppsx files.
How to set size limit for Outlook files - Using Windows Registry Editor to customize Oultook files size limit.
Recover unsaved or corrupted documents - Salvaging data from broken DOC, DOCX, XLS, XLSX , PPT, PPTX, ODT, ODS and ODP files.
What's new in Office 2013 - Microsoft Office 2013 preview.
Work with SkyDrive and Microsoft Office - Working with Microsoft SkyDrive service on your computer, web or mobile device.
How to convert Word documents to another file format - Saving Word documents to another file type.
How to open Microsoft Office and OpenOffice documents - Working with Open XML documents.
XML file name extensions in Office 2010 - XML based file extension used in Microsoft Office 2007 and 2010 editions.
How to open Microsoft Office documents - Opening of Microsoft Office files..
Note: You can click on any file extension link from the list below, to view its detailed information. The list of extensions used or otherwise associated with the application may not be complete, because many common file extensions on our website, such as jpg (pictures) or txt (text files), can be opened by a large number of applications, or are too general file format. However most, if not all directly associated file extensions should be listed with its appropriate program. Although its likely, that some file extensions may be missing from the list of associated file extensions with the application, yet they can be opened, be part of, or otherwise be associated with the program.
Microsoft Office default file extension associations
The most common file formats used with the specific file extensions
.accdb file extension is used for Microsoft Access main database
.accdt file extension is used for Microsoft Access database template
.doc file extension is used for Microsoft Word document (prior version 2007)
.docx file extension is used for Microsoft Word Open XML document
.emz file extension is used for Microsoft Windows compressed enhanced metafile
.mdi file extension is used for Microsoft Office Document Imaging file format
.mpd file extension is used for Microsoft Project database
.mpp file extension is used for Microsoft Project plan
.pot file extension is used for Microsoft PowerPoint 97 to 2003 template
.thmx file extension is used for Microsoft Office theme
.vsdx file extension is used for Microsoft Visio drawing
.xlsx file extension is used for Microsoft Excel Open XML workbook and spreadsheet
Other file extensions or file formats developed for use with Microsoft Office
Common file extensions used by Microsoft Office
Other file extensions associated with Microsoft Office